In this activity children plan and carry out research about the Antarctic in order to develop a persuasive argument.
Tourism to Antarctica is on the rise.
Children will be planning and carrying out research about the Antarctic in order to develop a persuasive argument. They will also be challenged to consider the positive and negative impacts of tourism on the area.
Children will be able to work scientifically by:
- Asking questions appropriate to the enquiry
- Researching different questions using at least two sources
- Communicating findings from the research enquiry
Children will learn:
- about habitats and living things in the wider environment
- that environments can change and that this can sometimes pose dangers to living things
These resources were initially developed in partnership with the Centre for Science Education, Sheffield Hallam University.