Asian countries have been struggling to cope as the cost of rice has reached record levels. The price of the staple crop has risen by as much as 70% during the last year.
Children will decide the reasons why the price of rice might be increasing so rapidly. They will study data from several sources and use this to decide what the major reason might be.
- to ask scientific questions
- to look critically at data collected
Children will learn:
- to plan how to answer questions
- to explain their results using scientific knowledge and understanding
- to describe the limitation of their own and others' evidence
These resources were initially developed in partnership with the Centre for Science Education, Sheffield Hallam University.