Science Swap Shop
Issue 151 | Page 17 | Published Jan 2018
The ASE Science swap shop is full of shared ideas for activities for each age range (Age 5-11). These ones focus on Famous Scientists.
- Florence Nightengale - Hand hygiene in preventing the spread of germs
- Charles Darwin - Encourage children to create their own fossils
- Caroline Herschel – Learn what a comet is and make a model comet
- Nicolaus Copernicus – Helps Children to visualise movements of the Sun, Moon and Earth
- Galileo Galilei – How fast does it fall?
- Leonardo da Vinci - Try mirror writing. Is it easier or harder then you expected?
- Isaac Newton – Investigate the theory of light
- Isaac Newton – Make a film canister rocket
More from this issue
Agnieszka Barden describes how a focus on female scientists has raised the profile of science in her school.
This article looks at what...
Alex Sinclair and Amy Strachan discuss how the use of contemporary scientists in the classroom can help us learn from the approaches of yesterday...
Jim Bell explores who 'wow' moments work for, and whether further stretch is needed when reaching out.