Jaws-like shark attacks like the one reported in October 2005 have made people wonder whether they’re on the increase. And if so why? Children look at the data and debate possible explanations using the format of the ‘Call my Bluff’ game. Children will consider links between cause and effect as well as looking at feeding relationships in an exciting context.
- Identify the structure of a food chain in a specific habitat
- Identify the food sources of animals in different habitats
- Know that animals are suited to the environment in which they are found
Children will learn:
- That food chains represent feeding relationships in a habitat
- That Science is about establishing links between cause and effect
These resources were initially developed in partnership with the Centre for Science Education, Sheffield Hallam University.