The spread of swine flu is increasing and it is estimated that 1 in 3 of the population will catch it with the under 14s being the most vulnerable.
Children will learn about swine flu and its symptoms. They will look at how viruses spread and consider how they can be contained.
- that certain symptoms indicate whether a person has swine flu
Children will learn:
- to use scientific knowledge to decide whether information is accurate or not
- how scientists make predictions about the spread of a disease
- how a virus can spread through a population with increasing speed
- that scientists use current data to revise their predictions
These resources were initially developed in partnership with the Centre for Science Education, Sheffield Hallam University.