Teacher Educator Support
Teacher educators are an important part of the ASE community. This work is led by ASE's Futures Committee.
What is the ASE Futures Group?
ASE Futures is a community within the ASE, specifically for all those who support and develop teachers throughout their professional journey, from pre service training onwards. Membership of the ASE Futures community is open to all those involved in planning and delivering teacher education and CPD. It supports practitioners whose roles include:
- pre- and in-service teacher education;
- the design, co-ordination and facilitation of professional development;
- mentoring and coaching, whether in school, school groups or external;
- subject and departmental leadership.
Being part of the ASE Futures Community offers the opportunity for teacher developers to enhance their own expertise, knowledge and skills, through collaborating with a wide range of others fulfilling similar roles across the education landscape.
What activities and opportunities are included in the ASE Futures offer?
- Annual ASE Futures Conference.
- Workshops and seminars.
- National and regional networking.
- Science Teacher Education: an ASE journal for all concerned with the pre-service education, induction and professional development of science teachers, including guidance for trainees in the classroom and a round-up of the latest research.
ASE Futures activity aims to help practitioners to answer questions such as:
- What types of professional development best support teachers to develop their practice and how can I use these effectively in my role?
- How can I best design and develop the professional development I am delivering to make the greatest impact?
- What is the impact of new policies, research evidence, pedagogies or curriculum change on teachers’ practice?
- How can I support teachers to gain understanding of, and make the most, of these changes?
- How can I further develop my career?
Why not get involved?
If you have a role in teacher education within your setting, or aspire to that role, why not let us know that you are interested in being part of our ASE Futures community by updating your membership profile. We are a community of professionals with a wealth of experience, ideally placed to support and mentor new and aspiring teacher educators. For more information, email email@example.com