Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
- Apply now - Brenda Keogh Primary Science Award 2016
This fantastic award, worth over £1600, will support 2 primary schools to make science a more engaging, more enjoyable and a more productive learning experience for their children. Please apply by Friday April.
- Christmas Message from our Chief Executive
This year seems to have flown … but I’m delighted to report that it has been a very successful year for ASE.
- Professor Danielle George to become ASE President
We are honoured that Professor Danielle George will be the new ASE president for 2016. She will give her inaugural presidential address at the ASE Annual Conference 2016 on Friday 8th January from 14:00 - 15:00.
- Open invitation to a special science education reception
As part of ASE Annual Conference 2016 in association with the Wellcome Trust, we'd like to invite you to a very special reception on the 8th January 2016.
- From antimatter to radioactive plants - Research lecture series for teachers
Join the ASE for a series of lectures presenting cutting-edge scientific research to inspire teachers. Researchers from Birmingham and universities across the UK, share their work in subjects including: disease, particle physics, quantum technologies, humans within the natural environment, and technology in sport.
- ASE Annual Conference 2016 - Thanks to our partners
Every year, the ASE Annual Conference brings together education professionals for a series of inspiring talks, sessions, and workshops. This wouldn't be possible without the generous support of our partners.
- Members Update: Assessment challenges, teacher recruitment and curriculum concerns
The 11-19 committee met last week to discuss a range of issues impacting on science teachers. This Committee advises and supports teachers of science from the 11-19 age range and is interested in all aspects of the curriculum.
- New Editor for Primary Science required!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and forward-thinking Editor of Primary Science to join our committed, highly successful and hard working team.
- Member's Update: ASE's Education Group
A short member's update about changes to our education group.
- Call for Research Poster Presentations for ASE Annual Conference
We are inviting poster presentations as part of the specialist research theme at ASE Annual Conference 2016. Posters may feature any aspects of teaching, learning and leadership in (primary or secondary) science classrooms.