Now more than ever science teachers need all the support they can get, and as the UK's largest subject association our sole reason for existing is to give our members that support. The Association For Science Education is a family of teachers, trainees, technicians, consultants and academics united by a common goal: promoting excellence in science education. We want to build that family, and so strengthen the voice, experience and capabilities of all those who are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in science education.
From organising local events to influencing national policy, the ASE works for teachers and educators like you to help develop your skills, your career and your professional recognition. A selection of the many benefits you'll enjoy as an ASE member include:
- Access to thousands of curated teaching and CPD resources
- Subscriptions to influential, sector-leading journals and publications
- Inclusive public liability insurance cover up to the value of £10m
- Numerous CPD opportunities - both face-to-face at events and, now, in the online arena
- Professional registration opportunities to enhance your education credentials
- Opportunities to have your say and help shape the science education sector through our advocacy work
You can find a more complete description of the benefits of joining the ASE - broken down into categories - in the carousel at the top of this page, and if you're undecided we urge you to take the time to have a look through these. Similarly, below you can find more detailed descriptions of the various membership options that the ASE offers.
So whether you've been aware of the ASE for some time, or are perhaps a first-time visitor drawn by our recent activites such as the Covid-19 webinars or downloadable remote learning resources, there has been no better time than now to join the Association For Science education. We hope to see you soon...